Greater Manchester Ageing Conference 2017
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Venue: Museum of Science and Industry, Liverpool Road, Manchester
Sorry, this event has now ended.
This is a landmark event organised by the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub, bringing together a wide range of influential Greater Manchester (GM) leaders, world-leading academics and community sector innovators to discuss prospects for building an age-friendly city-region.
The conference also marks GM's five year partnership with the Centre for Ageing Better and its long-term collaboration with the World Health Organisation.
The conference’s aims and objectives are to:
- Launch the GM Ageing Hub to key policy-makers and social actors
- Present findings from new GM Ageing Foresight and Policy reports
- Showcase GM as an international centre of excellence on ageing
- Promote GM and external best practice in ageing research, policy and practice
- Promote GM’s partnership with the Centre for Ageing Better
- Be a platform for taking action across GM agencies and communities
- Anna Dixon and Lord Filkin - Centre for Ageing Better
- Alana Officer - World Health Organisation
- Prof. Chris Phillipson - University of Manchester
- Jon Rouse - GM Health and Care Partnership
- Prof Martin Vernon - NHS England
- Tony Lloyd - GM Mayor
- Steven Pleasant - Chair, GM Ageing Hub, CE Tameside Council
If you require further information, please contact Gareth Williams at email@example.com