UK Healthcare Text Analytics Conference: HEALTAC-2018
The first Healtex conference – unlocking evidence contained in healthcare free text.
Healthcare narrative (such as clinical notes, discharge letters, nurse handover notes, imaging reports, patients posts on social media or feedback comments, etc.) has been used as a key communication stream that contains the majority of actionable and contextualised data, but which – despite being increasingly available in a digital form – is not routinely analysed, and is rarely integrated with other healthcare data on a large-scale.
The UK healthcare text analytics network (Healtex) is organising a conference that aims to bring the academic, NHS, industrial and patient communities together to discuss the current state of the art in processing the healthcare narrative and share experience, results and challenges. The event will also provide a forum for PhD students and industrial partners to present their work.
Various types of submissions are welcomed, including papers, posters, PhD student papers, demos and panels, that propose ways to address the variety of aspects involved in using healthcare free text, including but not limited to
- Information extraction from healthcare free-text: identification of clinical variables and their values in free-text
- Medical ontologies and coding of healthcare text
- Machine-learning approaches to healthcare text analytics
- Processing patient-generated data (e.g. social media, health forums, diaries)
- Processing clinical literature and trial reports
- Integration of structured and unstructured resources for health applications
- Text analytics and learning health systems
- Real-world application of text analytics
- Real-time processing of healthcare free-text
- Sharing resources for healthcare text analytics (data and methods)
- Public engagement, privacy and text analytics
- Evaluation and assessment of text analytics methods
- Text mining for veterinary medicine
- Processing speech in healthcare applications
- Phenotyping and patient matching
Further information on the conference is available on the Healtex website.