The University of Manchester is collaborating on a symposium of researchers from the UK and Gulf nations to address pressing issues in contemporary Cyber Security research.
Date: Tuesday 14th November - Thursday 16th November 2017
Venue: The University of Manchester
Deadline for Applications: Friday 22nd September
The University of Manchester is proud to collaborate with the British Council, the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, the UK Science & Innovation Network and the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to host this international symposium intended to identify common cyber security research concerns, exchange knowledge and develop future collaborations between UK and Gulf researchers.
The Science Collaboration Symposium will be funded and delivered as part of the UK Government’s Gulf Science Innovation Knowledge Economy Programme. Collaborations developed from this event will be invited to apply for further Institutional Link funding in the Spring of 2018 (the UK Government will be providing £2.4 million to the 2018 cycle of this institutional funding). As Cyber security will be one of the main topics included this call for proposals, there is a clear avenue of progression for collaborations developed at the symposium to lead to future funded research collaborations.
The Symposium will be taking place over three days in November 2017. A more detailed timetable will be disseminated once delegates and speakers have been finalised in the coming weeks.
- The evening of Tuesday 14th November will be a reception event for approximately 75 delegates from UK and Gulf institutions, industries and SME's.
- Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th November will feature a mixed array of speakers and workshops intended to invite discussion, potential investment and UK-Gulf collaboration. These days will serve as a spotlight on our delegates' ongoing institutional research, industry collaboration or other work relating to cyber security. Details for how to apply to present at these meetings are found below.
Applying to Attend and Present:
In the interest of cultivating a wide and diverse selections of delegates, we are opening applications to attend and present at the symposium. Please note: Places are limited so if you would like to attend or present at the symposium, please ensure that you fill out the application form linked below and forward it to the relevent contact before close of play on Friday 22nd September.
Later applications may still be considered and successful applicants will be informed by 6th October 2017.
The following expenses will be covered for the researchers selected to attend:
- Return economy flight to/from Manchester International Airport or train fare to Manchester for UK participants.
- Train tickets will be paid for by way of reimbursement for UK participants upon submission of receipts.
- 3 - 4 nights accommodation in a single room for international participants.
- 2 - 3 nights accommodation in a single room for UK participants travelling in from outside the North West of England.