Submission Deadline: 24th May 2017,
Funding Available: £5000
Proposals are invited for small scale projects to develop the University of Manchetser's FinTech research agenda.
FinTech is used to describe a wide range of new technologies and innovations in processes, products, services and business models in the financial services sector. The University has distinctive capabilities in a number of fields of direct relevance to FinTech, not least:
- Blockchain technologies & applications
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence and data mining & analysis
- Financial mathematics & economic modelling
- Information systems & business model innovation
- Regulation of financial services
- Cyber security
Small scale proposals (up to £5000) are invited for projects with the aim of developing our FinTech agenda, these may include (but are not limited to):
- Scoping studies of current academic work in an aspect of FinTech
- Scoping studies as preparation for the submission of a grant proposal
- The development of collaborative relationships with businesses or other non academic stakeholders
- Internal workshops or seminars demonstrating interdisciplinarity
The proposal should clearly set out with the aim of the activity, how the activity will develop the University’s FinTech research agenda, the deliverables, and the budget.
Note that the funding must be spent by the end of July 2017 and there is no provision for carrying forward into the next academic year. The award will be made by the end of May.
To submit your proposal and for further information please contact Rachel.Kenyon@manchester.ac.uk