Closing date: 28th March 2018
Innovate UK is to invest up to £19 million to support innovation that offers significant changes in productivity and cutting-edge innovation. The competition has 2 strands, strand 1 is for health and life sciences projects and strand 2 is for emerging and enabling technologies projects. A further £12 million is available to fund Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs).
Projects under strand 1, Health and Life Sciences must show significant innovation in one of these priority areas:
- increasing agricultural productivity
- improving food quality and sustainability
- advanced therapies (cell and gene therapies)
- precision medicine
- medicines discovery
- advanced biosciences
The aim of the competition under strand 2 emerging and enabling technologies is to help UK businesses broaden their innovation activities, disrupt existing markets and find new revenue sources. Projects must show significant innovation in one of 4 priority areas:
- Emerging technologies (biofilms, energy harvesting, graphene, new imaging technologies)
- Enabling capabilities, including electronics, sensors and photonics (ESP),robotics and autonomous systems (RAS), creative economy and design
- Space applications
All projects must involve at least one SME, working alone or in collaboration with other organisations. Projects with costs over £100,000 must be collaborative and include a funded partner.
The competition will open on the 22nd January and you must apply before 28th March.