Deadline for applications: 8th January 2018
Funding available: Up to £6,000 per project
MICRA is delighted to announce it's Seedcorn award call for 2017-2018. This year's call includes joint awards from external partners, including Manchester: Improving Medicine with Innovation and Technology (MIMIT), The Centre for Ageing Better, Care & Repair England and Manchester Metropolitan University.
MICRA are seeking applications for interdisciplinary research, that is clearly related to ageing; £6,000 is available per project. A number of general awards will be made; in addition to these, they specifically encourage applications to one of the joint awards highlighting the following subjects:
- patient determined unmet healthcare and well-being needs;
- vascular dementia;
- relationships in later life;
- ageism and inequalities in ageing;
- and housing adaptations.
A maximum of £6K will be awarded per application. Applications must meet the following essential criteria:
1. The proposed research activity must be explicitly related to ageing.
2. The proposed research activity must be interdisciplinary.
3. The proposed research activity must lead to at least one specific outcome, such as a research proposal, a journal article or working manuscript.
4. The award must be held by a University of Manchester member of staff (except the MICRA/ MMU award, which is to be held by both UoM and MMU members of staff), but can be used to fund collaborations with other institutions and/or external partners.
More information is available here.