A European Commission study has been published assessing the implementation of Big Data systems in the Health industry.
"The aim of the study...is to identify applicable examples of the use of Big Data in Health and develop recommendations for their implementation in the European Union."
The study identifies 10 key areas for change including;
- Awareness raising.
- Education and training.
- Data sources.
- Open data and data sharing.
- Applications and purposes, data analysis.
- Governance of data access and use.
- Funding and financial resources.
- Legal and privacy aspects.
To read more, click here